Its said that being pregnant and giving birth is the most wonderful thing on Earth. May be this happens with time but I have started realizing it. I have to admit that fourth and fifth month of my pregnancy were far better than the earlier months. I felt good and relaxed comparatively. Thanks to my husband for loving me even with my mood swings.!
On May 4th I had my Ultrasound level-II and I came to know that I have low lying placenta. Also my right uterine artery showed resistance. What I learned from my Google search :
- The uterine arteries provide blood to the uterus. Two arteries are present, one on the left and one on the right side of the uterus. Blood from the uterine arteries supplies blood to the muscles of the uterus and the placenta. So the right one wasn’t doing well and for that I am taking medicine.
- Low-lying placenta, or placenta praevia, is a complication of pregnancy where the placenta that feeds the growing baby is attached to the lower part of the womb near to or covering the cervix. In some cases, a placenta that is seen to be low-lying will move upwards later in pregnancy.
This was little disturbing so I took an appointment with the doctor on May 7th she said it wasn’t too serious but I need to be careful and take rest. She did not change any medicines. I am still having Iron and Calcium tablets.
This month was also special because it was our marriage anniversary and we completed 2 years on May 18, 2016. We had dinner with the family at West Side Story. I made a scrapbook for him that included everything from our important dates, valentines day, birthday, our trips everything. It was so wonderful to see his reaction after reading it. He gifted me my favorite perfume.
We were planning for a babymoon but due to my condition we couldn’t go to hilly areas or take flights so we did a weekend getaway to Amritsar from May 20-22. We specially went to Harmandir Sahib (Golden Temple) to seek blessings from the almighty. Our stay at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson was great. The staff was courteous and helpful.
I haven’t bought any maternity clothing because the ones I tried did not suit me. They were too baggy and looked weird on me. Also my experience with Indian websites such as Babyoye wasn’t good. Instead I got a mix of ethnic and casual wear from Myntra and Westside respectively. These are one or two size bigger, more comfortable and I can get them altered later on.
I am optimistic that all the hurdles in my pregnancy will vanish and my baby will be happy and healthy. God Bless All 🙂
“Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” ― Barbara Kingsolver
Its my 20th week which means I am half way through my 40 week pregnancy. I read on Baby Center that Baby’s hearing is developing and will be getting used to the sound of my voice. Tiny teeth are forming and hair on scalp is sprouting. Honestly its lovely to know about these developments but I don’t spend quality time with my unborn. Does that mean we both might not have a strong bond or it will take more time to adjust? The answer is tricky atleast for me.!
Today I came across a video on YouTube by Virtue Baby – A Unit Of Lesdep Foundation on Relationship With Unborn Child. I swear I felt the need to change myself in the best interest of my little one. The speaker Brahma Kumari Shivani is an Indian spiritual teacher. Her aura has always mesmerized me. I believe its not about following a particular religion or a person its more about learning good things that help you evolve as a human being.
What I learned from the video :
- The whole family should be careful about their thoughts and vibrations. The soul of the unborn has high absorption and consumption power. Specially the parents should try to be happy, cheerful, smiling instead of being angry, irritated and sad. Like physical health, emotional health is also essential.
- The soul that has entered your womb has just experienced death before coming to you. It has left everyone from past life hence its in pain. Now its your responsibility to give beautiful, positive, peaceful vibrations to the soul and heal it.
- Gender preference might lead to gender disappointment but it also has a deep impact on the soul of the unborn. It starts feeling unwanted inside and this may continue for lifetime. Always pray for a happy and healthy baby irrespective of boy or girl.
- Sometimes parents have stress, worry and anxiety towards their baby that how they will manage everything, salary might not be enough, no extra room or space etc these thoughts send vibrations of burden. Its better to believe that the child will be very happy in whatever you have to give to him/her.
- The most significant point is that every soul has a karmic account. As a parent we cannot change its destiny. Our role is to be a facilitator to that child not controller of his/her life. We should think about giving great values instead of deciding profession.
I have promised myself that I will be jovial, optimistic, hopeful, calm and peaceful person. I will utilize these remaining months and create a beautiful journey for the baby.
P.S : This is not a promotional post, purely based on my opinion and understanding.